2022 Candidate Questionnaire Responses
The Caribbean-American Political Action Committee (C-PAC) Announces Candidate Endorsements for 2022 Regional Primaries
Established in 2005, the Caribbean-American Political Action Committee (C-PAC) is a non-partisan, membership-driven organization who works to advance the political agenda of Caribbean-Americans currently residing in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. To that end, C-PAC will endorse and support candidates for public office in the D.C. Metropolitan area who articulate policy positions that will strengthen the economic, educational, social, and cultural conditions of individuals of Caribbean heritage residing in the region.
Earlier this year, C-PAC distributed questionnaires to several candidates seeking political office in Montgomery and Prince Georges Counties The candidates’ responses were shared with the C-PAC membership and the region’s Caribbean-American community. To assist our constituents and members, C-PAC has compiled candidates’ answers to the concerns and demands of the Caribbean-American community and have posted them below.
- Angela Alsobrooks: Executive, Prince George's County
- Marilyn Balcombe: District 2 Council, Montgomery County
- Fatmata Barrie: District 5 Council, Montgomery County
- Billy Bridges: County Executive, Prince George's County
- Marc Elrich: County Executive, Montgomery County
- Stanford Fraser: Council at Large, Prince George's County
- Andrew Friedson: District 1 Council, Montgomery County
- Calvin Hawkins: Council Member at Large, Prince George's County
- Peter James: County Executive, Montgomery County
- John McCarthy: State's Attorney, Montgomery County
- Bernice Mireku-North: State's Attorney, Montgomery County
- Maricé Morales: District 6 Council, Montgomery County
- Eric Olson: District 3 Council, Prince George's County
- Lorna Phillips Forde: District 2 Council, Montgomery County
- Jeremiah Pope: District 5, Montgomery County
- Hans Riemer: County Executive, Montgomery County
- Steve Solomon: District 6 Council, Montgomery County
- Laurie-Anne Sayles: Council at Large, Montgomery County
- Paul Schwartz: District 7 Council, Montgomery County
- Kate Stewart: District 4 Council, Montgomery County
- Vicki Vergagni: District 6 Council, Montgomery County
- John Zittrauer: District 4 Council, District 4, Montgomery County
Based on the votes of our members and supporters, C-PAC has endorsed the candidates below. We will also make a financial contribution to their campaign.
Montgomery County - County Executive Marc Elrich
State Attorney - Bernice Mireku
Prince Georges County
Prince George’s County - County Executive - Angela D. Alsobrooks
At Large - Calvin S. Hawkins - 5
Check back often as we gather information for you. You can also access the following resources:
- DC Board of Elections: Information on where to register to vote, how to check if your registration is current, where to vote in person, how to vote absentee. Also learn about current elected officials and community outreach opportunities.
- Maryland Board of Elections: Answers common questions about registering and voting, online access to absentee ballots, and candidate lists.
- Virginia Board of Elections: Provides online access to registration, frequently asked questions about the process, election law information, and election results from 2005 to present.